Wednesday 27 April 2011

A picture says a thousand words


This is on the way to Australia, and we looked just the same on the way back and we all feel a bit slow, a bit sleepy and I am still a bit sad. It always takes about a week to feel normal again.

While away, a great deal of crochet went on. My father was amazed that I could stand and chat in the kitchen while working on granny squares. Not only granny squares, before them I finished the centre of the hexagon rug I have been working on.


Here they are being blocked on the floor in Cooran. While that was going on a new project was started and now this little one has been taking up my time...


Blocking on the cushions in the conservatory!


An assembled square....the yarn is hard going. Acrylic, double knitting, but with very little give. Arguably a larger hook would have produced a looser finish, but I like smaller hooks and fine work.

This is all going on while BABY items whizz around my head and this morning youngest daughter asked me if I would crochet her a dress! I would love to, but feel so nervous that I won't be able to read the pattern.

More later.

No comments: