Sunday 9 May 2010

gardening...?


Not having to work on Saturdays is great! John and I had a little potter in Godstone, then lunch in a pub and a trip to a garden centre where we went a bit mad...He was in London today catching up with a friend from Singapore, so Em and I went to a boot fair, where I got a big planter for the cucumbers and a tea towel..I am a sucker for linen! We then did a grocery shop and I finally got to plant some things out. I made a 'hot house' for the tomatoes, planted lettuce, iceberg and various other leaves, peppers and some flowers. I also put a spirea in a pot at the front door. The Japanese name is Snow Willow, (yuki yanagi) very pretty and apt, with its drooping branches full of white flowers. There is still so much to do, but at least it was a start today.

No comments: