Saturday 3 December 2011

getting there

It has been a while and I have enjoyed reading all the blogs I follow, but have not wanted to post anything myself.

Today was a good day in many ways.

Han got a small scholarship for a great school for her 6th form. It has long been my hope that she would. No decisions are being made yet.

In a hard lesson, I had to accept that my dreams for her are not hers for her and she has also decided to apply for a much bigger county college. I will support her completely and will do all I can not to let my ideas cloud hers.

She also started work today at a plant nursery. Paid in cash at the end of the day and looking worn out, she is proud as are all of us.

I made the AMAZING Cherry and Amaretti fridge cake that Serendipity Patch had on her blog this morning. It is superb. As one of the secs does not like glace cherries I used a mixed berry selection and almonds instead of pistachios...and it is still amazing. I also baked a dozen gluten free lemon and poppy seed cupcakes and a dozen regular ones. It is barely enough to get our girls started at work!! A bit more baking tomorrow then!

On the not so bright side, youngest is unhappy to her bones and cannot (or will not) speak to me. For days it has been monosyllables and staring at the floor. As I write, she is watching TV and roaring with laughter. It was so hard today I cried and went for a long drive. Whatever it is she is going through, we are all getting a taste of it.

I have done a little crochet and will do some more tonight. Oh for happy children. She is so young to feel so bad.

Hope you and yours are safe and happy.

3 comments:

The Gingerbread Lady said...

I think being young doesn't spare you the blues: on the contrary, everything - every hurt and slight and intrigue and drama and sadness - is more intense in your teenage years. It's only as we get older do we learn ... to put it all in perspective, I suppose. Ich wünsche dir viel Mut - I wish you lots of courage, as the Germans say! One of my older students had a similar conversation with me about her 17-year-old and she finished the conversation by grimly remarking, "This too shall pass..." :-)

Liz said...

Thank you so much for this comment Mrs Gingerbread....it will pass it is just a matter of hanging in there for her.

serendipity said...

Glad you liked the fridge cake. My batch went quickly so I need to make some more. Good luck with your children. I don't know how we got through the teenage years, but once they went off to Uni' they seemed to change and I love it when they come home now! xx