Wednesday 11 September 2013

Big changes

Every day I check a certain web site to see if the information I am waiting for is posted on it. Not yet. To be fair it says mid September and we are a still a few days off. In the meantime the Open University course starts next week, although there will be reading and things to do from TOMORROW. I am so ready for this course and so nervous about the next step.

I mentioned a while ago about going back to universtiy. I want to study adult nursing. For a long time this has been a dream but now, with the blessing and encouragement of the family, I am going to give it my best shot. There is an intake in February which I would LOVE to be on. Like my lovely Hannah who is researching courses now,  I will be going through UCAS, writing a personal statement, collating old results -----very old, ancient results----- and one of the lovely consultants at work has offered to write a reference for me. 

It is all here on the blog for the world to see, but I have not talked about it openly at work yet. Better not rock the boat until it is sure. I love my work, but want to do more. I have constant interaction with patients but want to be involved in hands on care. I also want a skill that is portable and that one day can be taken to places where people do not have much in the way of medical care. My dream has always been to volunteer in a developing country and maybe, if I work very, very hard this dream will come true. 

In the meantime, I need to keep focused, to study and to keep my eye on the UCAS web site so that I can get my application in as soon as possible....






No comments: