Sunday 17 August 2014

Off again

Finally got my head out of my navel after the last post/rant and realised that on my own I cannot change the world, but I can make a tiny bit of difference somewhere. This I intend to do.

The rest of the break in France was as awesome as the first part and I made sure I really appreciated how fortunate I am and took a zillion photos, swam a lot, walked miles, ate awesome food, cooked wholesome food and crocheted as well as just hung out with my Big J and for a few days Hannah.

We got back on results day and Hannah was accepted to the uni/course of her choice and she will be heading north in a few weeks to study Chinese.....wooohooo.

The following day I drove to Bedfordshire to spend a night with Colette my dear, dear friend home from Japan for a summer break. This is an annual event. In about 24 hours we talk ourselves hoarse. We also walked miles this time and even did a 3 k run in the morning....I managed to run/totter about half of it, but that was something to be proud of.

On the way home I swung by Heathrow to collect Japanese granny and Em who arrived yesterday and now I am booking our ferry for a road trip to Belgium to see a special friend there. A very kind lady who looked after me so well when I was newly married in Belgium and knew no one. We have remained friends for thirty years....Japanese Granny, the girls and I are going and I have been boning up on driving in France/Belgium. I have driven there before but not without Big J in the car to rely on!

When we get home in a few days time I just want to have quiet time here. I have been away for too long.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I'm just catching up - I'm so behind on everyone's blog posts! So pleased for Hannah - we have one leaving for Uni soon too - exciting (and scary) times ahead!