Saturday 8 November 2014

New Slow Cooker - wooohoooo

The last one did not last 3 years and it was very disappointing. I do love a slow cooked meal to come home to as well as the convenience of tossing everything in and then just twisting the knob. 

Today I splurged at Argos and bought a nice, modest, white one. 3.5 litres. There are only 3 of us here during the week, if that, so I went with a smaller one than before. 

With my early starts and late finishes having something warm to eat for Em and Big J when they get home, then me later, will be brilliant.  I do worry about Em especially coming home to a cold empty house and having to cook for herself. The guilt of a mother. 

It is doing its thing now and the best part is that all manner of bendy veg can be popped into it and used up without wasting them.
Tonight we are having bendy celariac and bendy carrots with beef, shallots and garlic....









1 comment:

Liz said...

It's in the name. SLOW cooker. Chucking the goods in at 3pm will not necessarily provide a meal at 6:30....the beef was hard! So we let it do its thing for another few hours and will have the meal tonight. We foraged in the fridge and freezer for dinner!!