Wednesday 16 February 2011

Where do you go when you are alone in your head?

But where do you go to my lovely
When you're alone in your bed
Tell me the thoughts that surround you
I want to look inside your head, yes I do

Peter Sarstedt 1969

I was telling BJ about a night of dreams that left me feeling somewhat limp and wilted. In them there were crocodiles, (baddies in my dream world...don't like them a bit in dreams and am very scared of them in life,) tigers, leopards, dogs, a dinner party into which a huge tiger appeared and I rather cruelly burnt its nose with my handy steam iron...(yep, at the table, I was ready with a steaming iron and ironing is a bugbear of mine!!) In my defence however, this was a completely wild animal and we were all at risk of becoming his meal at our dinner party! There was a bus trip to observe nature and we all accepted that a rather thin dog that got onto the bus was in fact a leopard!! Then a boat trip over a stretch of water full of manatees...
They did not seem to be bothered by the boat powering over them even though they were on the surface.
Where all these creatures came from no one knows, but my head is a busy place at the best of times.
After telling BJ all about it, he quoted to me the song

'where do you go to my lovely, when you're alone in your bed, although I think 'alone in your head' are better words.

But to end on a lighter note...when I said I dreamt of a pod of manatees ( is that the counter or is it a herd?) BJ asked if one of them was named Hugh.

Hugh Manatee.

For 7am, not bad!!

No comments: