Wednesday 12 December 2012

Selling my self

Don't you just hate trotting out all the old cliches when describing ones own work talents?  How dull, dull, dull, for the prospective selectors. I have been working at the application on-line today.  The section for talking about what I do now is taken verbotum from my current job description with one or two additions. Apparently, unless the format is used, one scores badly in the selection process. I am now onto the bit WHY do I want the job? It is hardly an all singing all dancing career move, but it is a very interesting job, to me at least. Do I come across as burning with passion and fire for it, or just point out why it appeals and why I think having me in the hot seat might not be such a bad thing? Tough call. This is only being advertised internally so that means that the interviewers will already know the interviewees - you'd think they would all like to forgo this hooha. Still...

It is so bitterly cold today that resume writing seemed almost like a nice way to spend some time. Does not help that Juno is killing her floppy dog that smells terrible on/at my feet with great relish and noise!

She had her last injection today. What a star. The clinic was packed and we had old wiry men and ladies with giant German Shepherds all cooing and clucking and aaahing. Even the vet gave her a little squeeze! She was on her lead and very keen to get to know one and all. But the trip home was a bit much excitement and I am afraid the rug in the back of the car got pooed on - just a tiny bit!!

Here she is this morning having attacked my gym bag and heaven knows where the stamps came from.




No comments: