Thursday 17 March 2011

Hard to do

Today I asked for help at work. It is such a hard thing to do. Is asking for help an admission of incapability or a realistic take on a situation that needs redressing? The latter definately, but boy can it feel like the former. There are in theory two of us working 37.5 hours each a week to cover the job, but I have been on my own or had 12 hours a week help since last year. Today it struck me that while I love the job, I can't do it all by myself and look after all our sick people the way I want to. So I asked for and got some help from my immediate team. What angels!
Asking for help at home is the same. It always comes out like nagging - truth is we all need help at times, but asking for it can seem like a greater challenge that plodding on.

No comments: