Sunday 11 November 2012

Lest we forget


Big J and I went to the Rememberance Day ceremony this morning - our 7th in England. I love it that people take the time to remember. In Japan, the war is a dark history and kids are not taught about it in school. Whatever one thinks about the country and its past, it strikes me as incredibly sad that there is no day to remember those who died. In fact the remembering of the war dead is in some quarters, considered shameful and provocative, but it remains a truth that people everywhere lost loved ones.

Friends popped in the afternoon, not to see us really, to see the puppy, and she put on a good show....

At one point I actually started unpicking the edge of a knitted bag which has become frayed, that belongs to a friend. The idea is to crochet a new edge and a strap. About 5 stitches got done. It is just full on here.

For the first time in a while we were all home to eat together. This I love.




 

No comments: