Sunday 20 May 2012

Bed time post

I am just about to slip off to bed after my tea is finished. Looking back on the day gives a real sense of satisfaction, loads of work done around the house and some parts of it are looking great....all part of the surprise for Big J's return. But little tidying. Do you get that? Hours of things like ironing, or gardening, or cleaning bathrooms and loos, but there is still a trail of bits and pieces on every surface in the house?  That will all be taken care of in the last minute whip round.

The girls helped as did Adam - he cut the grass for the first time this season. Oh, the smell of a freshly mown lawn - it takes me back to hot classrooms when the smell was a promise of playtime outside and childhood summers in Ireland .
I did the edges for fear that plants rather than weeds would be sliced in two - happens a lot round here! and Em raked up. Han cooked some rice for dinner and tidied the kitchen, she also worked at the plant nursery this morning, so we were all busy. It was a good day.

The blanket is looking a bit better, sort of coming into its own. It feels nice and I actually fell asleep for about 10 minutes with it on my legs this afternoon, mid crochet....like an old granny.

Off to get my rest and beauty sleep.


No comments: