Monday 7 May 2012

Yes my dear, you shall go to the ball

While trying on a strapless bra with the in a shop the other night, the zip on Han's dress caught, not in anything visible, probably just a cheap fastener. Result, I had to break her out of the dress. Literally. There were tears and thank goodness for the very young bra fitting lady who told her own tale of her dress tearing minutes before her prom. She reminded Han that there was a whole week to fix it and it was better off happening now than on the night etc....
Well, that week has now only days left and we have a new zip but mama has not started her task....due to nerves. I am a bit out of practice putting in zips. And this is a frilly prom dress that MATTERS!!
But Lucy at Attic24 mentioned zips and sticky tape and that seems like a perfect solution. So that the frills do not get sewn in all directions, they can be taped down before the zip goes in - phew.

After this, I plan to start unpicking so that my lovely big girl can go to her ball.

It has been an odd week. I have been very productive on the crochet front. In less than a week I made this:

for Han at her request. A chocolate Swiss roll pillow!

An old WIP was frogged to start this:




The work was never going to be finished, but a friend told me how much she loved the colours and so it will end up a cushion cover for her. Not blocked yet, still a bit twirly....

Now I am impatient to start the blanket for Big J and me to snuggle under, but before that, before I buy more yarn, I am using up as many bits as I can and doing a granny stripe blanket. This is for Pem and I am getting her to have as much input about the colours as possible.


2 comments:

Mrs G said...

I just love the swiss roll! I can almost taste the chocolate sponge and cream...

Liz said...

Thank you. Would never have thought to do it myself....x