Wednesday 14 March 2012

Today was another good day. Despite the croaky voice, headaches and sniffles, it was a very good day.
This morning Mr H brought back the sewing maching and it literally purrs. It has the neatest, smoothest stitches I have ever seen. AND he gave me a one year guarantee and said just to call him if there are any problems. What a hero!
Then I went to London and found Loop which was nice enough, but better for having to wind my way there through lots of antiques stalls. Loop has heavenly yarn, but I have to say, I found it very expensive, because I could not imagine just making a blanket. (I am only up to making throws and blankets at present.) It would have to be something very special to justify buying some of their yarn. It did though, give me loads of inspiration and as we are off to the Craft Show on Friday, I will keep my eyes peeled for similar but less costly versions of the yarn I desire.
F is here now pouring over my backlog of Mollie Makes and noting down the places she would like to visit. We plan a day in London on Saturday to see the David Hockney exhibition and fabric (her) and yarn (me) shop.
Ready for bed, with a cup of tea and a book.
Sleep tight all.

No comments: