Monday 3 January 2011

Dissatisfaction x Vision x First Steps > Resistance

This formula is one that I read about over the holidays. It is not new but it works as a guide on how to do something about those things that are always in the back of my mind that remain undone and unchanged.
My problem is that I am always doing new things as well as looking for new things to do and there are times when I feel swamped. There is no end to what I want to be doing, but simulateously I want to be able to slow down and enjoy life more and the things that I do in my life!!
Even getting started on living by the formula is not easy. Big J and I talked about it alot. My solution was to keep a book of lists and ideas. Daily jot down things that must be done or I would like to do. Then work through the lists and get on with whatever is acheivable that day. So far so good. As long as the list is not a measure of things not done and a guide for organising and prioritising, it might work. Watch this space.
Done today from the list:
Christmas decorations etc put away. Living room dusted and vacuumed.
Rice and beans done for tomorrow's meal...
Lunch box ready to be filled. (I hate this one, but think how nice it will be to have a ready made lunch in the morning...yippee)

Now to order school sports socks and find out the dates for the first antique fair at Ardingly this year!

1 comment:

FrenchGeneralTrading said...

Hi Liz, spotted your interest in the Ardingly Antiques Fair..maybe see you there...we will be on the Shopping Arcade, stand SA07. Would love to meet you next week. Polly