Friday 21 January 2011

Facebook and Family

A cousin I have not seen since I was about 11 or 12 has been in touch, initially through Facebook. She has lived/worked around the world but now is in England, not too far away. I am thrilled to hear from her and can't wait to see her. Also, thankful for FB. But I am not a fan. I joined to see if I could link up with family on this side of the globe and in the end ran out of reasons to log in once I knew their contact details. I found it irritating to read at times and wondered at some of the things that people felt they should put up on their walls. (Pot calling kettle black here?...I do blog after all). It is nice to know that friends are fine, but email is better, phone calls better still and the best of all is a get together to talk.

No comments: